The Morocco Interfaith and Peacebuilding Centre wishes to ensure that this 1st Regional Conference for the Preservation of Cultural Heritage of Religious Communities is a sustainable initiative.
The Forum will ensure:
- Continuity in terms of connecting and communicating, sharing skills, research and expertise available among participants;
- A monitoring role in the field of cultural heritage initiatives, documentation on innovative projects etc.
The Forum will allow the conversations started at the Conference in Rabat to be continued, specifically the issues dealing with :
- Government work to preserve cultural and religious heritage;
- International organizations’ role in preservation of cultural and religious heritage;
- What cultural heritage means for religious communities (places of worship, cemeteries, manuscripts and other portable objects, traditions), particularly when it is today at risk;
- Best practices for engaging local communities in preserving their cultural heritage. Why governments and communities have a shared responsibility to promote and respect cultural heritage across all faith communities;
- Specific programs, projects and initiatives that can be accessed to support religious communities whose heritage is at risk.